I have felt pretty busy but also felt like I haven't done much at all. Does that make sense?
- The week after school was out, I helped at VBS. Since my regular job is being a teacher, I was just a 'helper'. A helper that was in charge of the group. I was lucky to have a couple boys that were pretty good with the kids!
- For Father's Day, we had a cookout with our family. A little sad I didn't even take any pictures. It was a lovely time though, once they got the grill going...
- The 3rd week of June, I subbed for 4 days at summer school. There were 9 kids in my class but I don't think I ever saw all of them at the same time. It was so nice to have such a small group. I was able to sit and work with them and there weren't any behavior issues. If only every day of school could be like summer school!
- We also saw our Ohio friends! They were in town for a baby shower since they are expecting. It was great to get together with many of our college friends. While the girls were at the shower the boys went for a quick, 6.5 hour round of golf.
- The last week of June, I went to 3 days of Phase 2 Literacy First training (meaning it was part 2. I attended part 1 several years ago). I had always heard that Phase 2 was SO much better because you got more ideas for literacy centers. Well, this one was not. I felt like I got lots of Phase 1 refresher and a couple new ideas.
|I attached this to the letter I left on the owner's door. A neighbor saw it go down and told me where the dog lived.|
|Oh, poor little girl! I think it hurt me more than it hurt her!!|
|We tied all of their centerpiece balloons to their car! :)|
- I hosted Bunco, which is always a good time.
|Us trying to win tickets. All you had to do was show up and put your name in the box but someone, who may have spare time on their hands during the summer, may have made shirts. I'm not going to mention any names.|
|Really bad judgement on self photo skills. A GREAT time was still had!|
|Excuse the scare factor, something about being summer that sometimes makes a person not want to shower. :)|
|Hubby and puppy testing out the finished project|