So I never blogged about the 5th Annual Sapulpa Truck Touch! How could I forget?! The day turned out quite lovely. A newspaper reporter told me he counted 33 vehicles when he was there. I cannot confirm or deny that statement. Most of the vehicles that committed to attending showed up too!
The rest of this blog will just have pictures from the day....
|Mid Continent Concrete and Bison Electric joined us this year!|
|Waste Management was also new! OG&E and Conway Freight joined us again. :)|
|We had a blood drive with Oklahoma Blood Institute and gave away lots of little freebies to places like, Panera Bread, PeachWave, Sahoma Lanes bowling, McDonalds, Chick-fil-A and more!|
|Friends from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol came out in full force! We had 6 Beat the Heat race cars along with a cruiser and two boats!|
|Bison Electric provided little rides in their cherry picker|
|Life Flight landed and took off from our event!|
The next few pictures are areal shots taken by our OG&E friends!
|In this picture: OHP cars, Tulsa Bomb Squad, Creek County Sheriff, Best Buy's Geek Squad, John Christner Trucking, Bil-Jac dog food, tractors and ATV's, Storey Wrecker|
|Ark Wrecking brought the Turn Tulsa Pink truck out|
|Sapulpa Fire Department brought a truck for climbing in and a truck for the fire truck pull|
This year we had a fire truck pull. 20% of the profit was to go to the winning team and the other 80% was given to the Elaine Coffey Memorial Fund. Miss Elaine was a former Liberty student that was killed in a car accident about a month before our Truck Touch. Two of Elaine's brothers still go to our school and her Dad is one of the district's safety officers.
|The winning team from the firetruck pull with some of the Coffey family|
The Ark Wrecking truck is part of the Turn Tulsa Pink campaign which is to help bring awareness to breast cancer. The truck they brought out is a 'show truck' that survivors or family members that have lost loved ones to any type of cancer can sign.
At the end of the day, I got to go up in the bucket.
|That would be me up there! :)|
The next pictures are of John Christner's 25th Anniversary Choppers that were made by Orange County Choppers. As a surprise to the owner, his sons had these made for the anniversary. The story behind these choppers and the 5th Annual Sapulpa Truck Touch is this:
Hubby was watching TV one night and happened to see them. I was planning on touching base with my JCT contact the next day so I thought, "It won't hurt to ask about them." I did and she informed me they were out on tour. Bummer. Then a few weeks later, she emailed me saying the truck was going to be here getting maintenance and they would be able to bring them! WOOHOO! A few days later, I got a call from her telling me someone above her had the choppers taken to Myers Duren Harley Davidson for a bike show. Bummer again.
So needless to say, the choppers didn't get to be at our Truck Touch, so I twisted my Dad's arm and took him to see them after our event was over.
|The old school bike|
|The new school bike|
And there you have it folks! The 5th Annual Sapulpa Truck Touch in a nutshell.