Monday, July 2, 2012

37 weeks


Wednesday, June 27th marks 37 weeks!





According to Babycenter.com:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.


apparently that is Swiss chard ??
I have been waiting to post this since we had our first birthing class. Since I am at 37 weeks now, this gives you a little insight to what my insides look like. It explains why I have breathing moments like Darth Vader, have to pee at least every hour, and only eat a little bit, several times a day.

Before pregnancy on the left---- 37 weeks of pregnancy on the right
When I saw this in our birthing class booklet, I found it hard to believe all that could shift around. Now that I am there... I understand why I sometimes feel like I just can't get enough air.

Our appointment on Tuesday went well. She was head down when he checked her. He said she would probably stay that way but I am not so sure she stayed that way... but I'm no doctor. According to my doctor, full term is 38-42 weeks. I asked him how often he saw 42 weeks with a pregnant lady and he assured me that he did not like to go more than a week after the due date.

In preparation for newborn pictures, I have been looking at C-U-T-E stuff on etsy. Etsy seems to be mainly a website for homemade items though I have seen some stuff that looks like it was bought and they are re-selling it. It is so hard to decide what to buy because it is crazy to think that Kinley will be so here soon! It's hard to picture what she will look like or what size she will be.

As promised last week, I have been doing tiny baby laundry.

This is the laundry bag that is part of her hamper. This is the second full bag of laundry that I've done... of clothes! I have washed her bedding and towels in different loads too. The closet doesn't look quite as full since I took jammies and simple onesies off the hangers and put them in the drawers but Little Sister will definitely not going to be naked.

I also took on a new project. I wanted to liven up the plain white burp cloths we registered for. With the help of a pinterest tutorial, I think I was pretty successful. The project only lasted me one night.

Materials needed: burp cloths, fun fabric ($1 each at Wal-Mart), scissors, ruler, iron, and sewing machine
This one is pinned and ready to be sewed
The finished products!
Sunday morning when I was getting ready for church, I told Hubby that I thought my belly button was sticking out. (by sticking out, I mean just the tiniest little bit looks to have popped a little, I mean a teeny little bit). He said, "I hope that isn't like the turkey one that tells you its done." I shouldn't have made that comment to him... I think it sparked the nerves. Made him realize it is getting closer and closer every day. I mean, as of today, WE ARE IN HER BIRTH MONTH PEOPLE!!!!!

Still on the agenda... packing a bag. I was informed by my darling husband that I am procrastinate on everything so he just may come home from work to a semi-packed bag. {a girl can't pack everything, I will need some of my bathroom stuff everyday, you know.} 



No comments:

Post a Comment