Sunday, December 11, 2011

Angel Kids at Christmas

For the past 2 years, Hubby and I have gotten ‘Angel Kids’ for Christmas. This year was no different! We have get our kids from church and they have worked for several years with Osage County DHS to make sure their foster kids are not left out at Christmas time.

The first year, Hubby signed us for 1. It was a girl. The second year, Hubby sent in the form and we had 2 kids! A little boy and a little girl. This year, when I got home Hubby showed me that he had the information for our little kids. The paper was folded in half and I saw that we had 2 boys. Bummer, I thought. Then I saw that there were 2 girls on the bottom. That’s right… he signed us up for 4 kids! Poor little Tobie will have to go without dog food for a while but there will be 4 happy kids with fun new toys to play with. ;)


This is for our little 4 year old girl.

This is for our little 6 year old girl

This is for our little 8 year old boy.

This is for our little 10 year old boy. (Hubby was SO excited to get a bike!)
I tease about Tobie not getting any dog food when I really feel overly blessed. We had fun picking out toys and clothes for these little kids. Did I mention that we spent 2.5 hours at Wal-Mart for this shopping spree?! Well we did! That is like a banner event for Hubby to be there that long too!

I have very close family friends that do this with their 2 little boys, trying to get kids that are close in age to their own. While Gabe and Eli are helping pick out toys, they may not realize now how much they are helping someone else out but someday they will. I think it is a great way to teach young kids about compassion and hope to carry that on someday when we have kids of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment