Thursday, January 23, 2014

Brother Bear

Here you are at 20 weeks!
My Sweet Little Brother Bear,

I was a second child so I know how it feels to feel like things weren't the same as with the first child. Trust me, I've seen my baby book. While I may not have documented things the same way I did for your sister, do I dare say I have been more excited about you coming along? I think so. I was pressuring your Daddy to look for your bedding, give you a name, even find out if you were a boy or girl sooner than I did with your sister. I feel like I talk to you more and you definitely talk to me more! I am excited to see your sweet little face when you are ready to come into this big old world.

I pray every night about how thankful I am that you are part of our family. That you will grow up to be as sweet and caring as your Dad. He has a lot to teach you to be a gentleman. That you have a caring personality and a love for your family.

I feel like you took over my body sooner than your sister but maybe that is because my body knew what to expect this time. People always say that the second one fits right in quicker so I guess you did what you were supposed to. As of now, I am not so sure you will have any hair. If the heartburn tales are true, we are looking at a sweet little baldy. You have not caused me to have crazy, random, Charlie horse episodes. I think I can count on one hand the number of them that I have had. I'm sure since I talked about it, it will probably all change. (yes, since starting this post the Charlie horses have increased)

Alas, here I sit, 33 weeks pregnant and just now posting pictures of you growing inside of me. I will apologize in advance for the lack of pictures. Your Dad and I were naughty about making sure to take one. BUT, rest assured little guy, you are already so loved. We all still have to excuse the scary-ness of evening pictures too!

Since we were building a new home, as the pictures progress, you will notice your room coming together a little more each week. I will put some of the lack of picture taking on the building a house. :)

17 weeks
18 weeks
19 weeks
20 weeks
22 weeks
23 weeks
24 weeks
25 weeks
26 weeks
27 weeks
29 weeks
At 30 weeks, we ordered your crib and dresser. We also bought your bedding! In between 30 and 31 weeks is when I told my class that I was having a baby. Silly little kids didn't notice that I was growing at a rapid pace! One student said he thought I had just eaten a lot.The next day, they asked if I still had a baby in there.
31 weeks
32 weeks
33 weeks
And there you have it. Kind of like the house... you see pictures late and we are almost ready for the finished product! It is hard to believe that in seven short weeks Brother Bear will be here!


3 comments:

  1. I guess I need instruction on how to sign in... I thought I was already a member but Kay's stuff keeps coming up when I try to publish with google... guess I remain anonymous until I figure this out... Grandpa Snow. Love the pictures and really miss you all. Huggs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ha I have figured it out... maybe... let's see... I love your blog and will visit often

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the cutest mommy to be!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete