Wednesday, September 24, 2014

6 Months

My Sweet Wyatt Boy,
Even though my blogging and posting for you has been rather dismal, my love for you is far from it. A wise old man once told me that even if I couldn't blog, no one could take my memories away from me. They will always and forever be in my mind and heart.


The smiles you give every day warm my heart.
The little laughs you have when Kinley talks to you are so precious.
The way you watch Tobie walk by with your curious little eyes.
Your gummy smile is so adorable.
The sweet way you clasp your hands together when you are trying the baby cereal is so innocent.
The way your eyes light up when you see your sister and daddy talk to you.
Have I mentioned your smile? It's infectious.
Every time I look into your blue eyes, I fall more in love with you. Oh, I've never mentioned that you have blue eyes?!? Well, that is partly because I am afraid to talk about them for fear taht they will change. {crossing my fingers that I didn't just jinx them}
You are so drooly but haven't had any teeth show up.


Daddy took you to your six month check-up on September 11. As usual... the height measuring was wonky, saying you are 25 inches. Our home measurements show you being 27 inches tall. For the first time, their weight scale was wrong (hopefully this one doesn't become a regular broken machine). It said you weighed 11 pounds, which would mean you lost weight since your 4 month check up and I can tell by looking at you that is not the case! According to our scale at home, Daddy says you weigh 15 pounds.

You are wearing size 2 diapers, mostly six month clothing, and no shoes. You have had a few shoe wearing experiences but they usually end in one or both shoes kicked off. I hope that when the weather changes we are able to at least keep socks on you.

At home, you eat 7 ounces every 4-5 hours. You started trying rice cereal on September 1. You didn't love it the first time you ate it but you tolerated it. As the days have gone on, you are a better cereal eater. At school, you seem too distracted to drink all of your milk in one setting so you generally have 6 ounces every 4 hours there. At home, you have also had squash, carrots, and green beans, all of which you like. Dad likes to make you a vegetable, rice cereal, breast milk combo, which you gobble up too.

Your naps at school vary. In the last couple days you have been stocking up on the ZZZZ's and having long naps at school. Maybe you are getting your grow on before you go to the doctor. At home, I think you would nap more if a certain sister didn't love you so much. Any time you wake up, Kinley is right there to check on you. The girls at school tell me that she will always check on you after nap too.

This month, I have noticed your hair coming back in. Wait, you didn't really have any to start with! So, your hair is finally growing. It is very blonde so it is isn't noticeable from afar but up close you have a fuzzy little head. As of the 18th, you actually sprouted your first tooth! All of the drooling and chewing on your hands, fingers, and paci have paid off.

As I said before, you make my heart skip a beat. I am so lucky to be your Mommy. Remember, I am always here for you.

You are all because two people fell in love,
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment