Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kindergarten- Day 5 and 6

Day 5- My second new one showed up. One would think at the end of your first day of school, you wouldn't be sitting at your seat going, "Wah. Wah. Wah." Then being asked to stop. Then doing it again. Who knows. We can also add "not listening" to the I don't care for list.

Day 6- I made it through a whole week!!!! Unfortunately, I had three criers Friday morning! In my head, I thought, “Why are you crying? It’s FRIDAY! I could understand a Monday, but Friday? Come on!” It was 2 girls and a boy. I had to peel the boy off of his mom and walk away with him. I thought, “Okay, this isn’t too bad. He’ll calm down soon.” Then I get down to my room and find the other two! When we made it to the room I took my boy and sat down with one of the others. Soon he wanted up and just went to his seat, put his head down and continued crying. Next thing I know, I see a little pill of a student go over, pull up a chair and sit down next to him. Then he started patting his back and trying to console him. It was very sweet and quite unexpected from this child. I made sure to praise him for being such a great friend and tell him how proud I was of him. Then other kids saw that attention and started helping out with the other criers. Never mind the students that plugged their ears because they didn’t want to hear the crying. I did tell them that was not polite and to stop. On my To Do list, is “Make a To Do list for each day.” One of those things is “Send the snack bag home with the next student.” Well, I have failed at that twice now. The first time the child still brought it. We will find out if I am ever so lucky again tomorrow.

Rest time is still one of my least favorite times of the day. It does not matter to me if you don’t want to go to sleep; you will lay there quietly until it is time to get up. Sorry. Those are my rules and I am sticking to them this early in the year. You need a time to relax and no you may not go play in the restroom. No one is leaving the room. End of discussion.

In church this morning, we briefly looked at the 10 commandments. I noticed the one about not working on the Sabbath; starting over in a new grade means that this commandment does not pertain to me. I am off to school to get ready for the week. While I am there, I will probably say a little prayer for my friends for the week and pray that they quit showing up in my dreams. I hate when I work all day, go home to sleep to only find myself still in the classroom. It’s like I never get away from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment