Friday, April 13, 2012

26 weeks

Wednesday, April11th, marked 26 weeks!

This scary picture is due in part to a rainy day and a self timer on my cell phone. 
According to babycenter.com:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


We have been very busy at Snow'd Inn. As you may have noticed in the belly picture, we have a new color on the wall! Hubby was able to paint the room in about 2 hours. Apparently, the roller machine that was being brought over didn't end up working so he had to do the old fashioned way. All of this painting went on while I was at school so unfortunately there are no pictures to document it. :(

I did take a before picture because I had a sneaking suspicion that  it would be different when I got home.



Wednesday night, it was our turn to host American Idol, which also turned out nicely for needing help moving a dresser into the house. Miss Snowflake's room is really starting to look like a baby nursery.
Excuse the junk in the floor, it hasn't made it to the Lakehouse Office.

The dresser hutch that will be her changing table

The night stand with the adorable lamp!

As you can see, she is already NOT hurting for clothes or diapers

What good big sister :)
 Hubby went to do our weekly Wal-Mart shopping one day and came home with some new outfits.
Add caption


Thanks to the in-laws, we have bedding, the adorable lamp you saw above, a mobile, and a mattress. It just needs to be taken out of the package and put on. Thanks to my Dad, we will be able to bring our little girl home from the hospital. He got us our stroller travel system. We are now equipped to cruise in Fancy or Gus {it all needs to leave the box too but we can wait a little longer before getting that out}.

The kids at school keep commenting how big my belly looks. I respond by saying, "It is supposed to get bigger. That means Snowflake is growing." It will be a sad day when they realize they we won't be in school, or back in my class again, when Snowflake makes her grand entrance. One sub, who is frequently at our school, greeted me with, "Hello." and snarky look on Wednesday. I wanted to tell her that is no way to ever greet a pregnant person but I just ignored her and went about my business. 

We saw the doctor on Thursday (4/12) and he said everything looks good. I have to go in the next couple weeks for the 1 hour glucose test. I just can't wait to fast, drink something nasty, wait an hour and then have my blood drawn. I'm not a fan of needles much less on a hungry tummy. :(
After our next appointment, I will start seeing him every 2 weeks. You know what that means?!? It's getting closer!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment