Thursday, April 19, 2012

27 weeks

Wednesday, April 18th marked 27 weeks.



Here are the facts about our little Snowflake, according to babycenter.com:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.



Tobie was just checking it out to see if there was anything in there

On Monday, April 16th, I took the 1 hour glucose test. Hubby was impressed how quickly I put down the sugar water. I told him it wasn't as bad as I head heard about. I was expecting something chalky and gritty but it was just sugary orange drink. Good thing I don't mind orange soda. I felt like a hummingbird drinking it. While waiting for my one hour to elapse, Snowflake got very excited. I think it might have been her version of speed or meth or something that gets you really jazzed up.Tuesday afternoon, I got a call saying that I passed with flying colors! Woohoo!!! We don't have to go back for the long 3 hour test!!!

In other news, Week 27 will be a busy one. 
  • A shower invitation went up at school for our first shower that will take place on April 24th.
  • My school is hosting our 5th Annual Sapulpa Truck Touch on April 21st from 10-2. 
  • I got a shower invitation in the mail for our second shower that will be on May 5th in Enid.
How adorable is that?!
  • The 26th is our kindergarten program.
  • The 28th is Hubby's 30th birthday! What an old man!!!
{I know, those last two will happen in the next week but I will have to be mentally preparing for them now.}

And with April wrapping up that means summer is quickly upon me! The last for the kids is May 11th! WOW that is soon!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment