Thursday, June 7, 2012

Honey do...

For quite some time now, I have wanted (and needed) a place to hang my necklaces. Seems like a simple request but I never found exactly what I was looking for. I kept perusing pinterest for ideas but always came up short.

Then I also decided I needed a better system for my scarf collection. Pinterest searching left me empty. (take in mind, I did not search pinterest too awfully long and hard because I am sure I could have stumbled upon something...)

Since I have my afternoons (and mornings and ALL DAY) free, I have all the time in the world to come up with a project for the Hubby. We were planning an adventure to Tulsa but I sprung my little idea on him on the way. :) I had already inspected the garage and found some wood so all we needed to buy were hooks of some sort. 

After eating and stopping off at Buy Buy Baby, we were off to Lowe's. He asked, "What exactly do you need?" so I informed him, "Some kind of hooks. I just need to see them." The nice man at Lowe's told me I could find hooks on aisle 13 and some on 12, so off we went. 

Of course when we got home, I insisted that we (you can also read that as HE) get to work. After all, he's been doing lots of projects for Kinley, so now it is my turn! I will say that I helped paint and had the hooks screwed in by the next morning so they were ready to be hung.

For the scarves 

Necklace holder (excuse the brightness...)
This one is to hang paint smocks on at school

one finished product!

two finished products!
 And there they hang in the closet!

 I even had a last minute thought about adding the small hooks to the bottom of the scarf hanger, so Hubby would have somewhere to hang his belts!
The scarves say... "Surprise! We're hiding belts!"

Now... what can the next project be????

1 comment:

  1. Very cutesy/crafty... Pinterest is dangerous. I've been looking for a similar type doo-da for my belts. I'm going to have to make one, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete