Monday, March 18, 2013

7 Year Itch???

Not in this house, fool!

According to urban dictionary... "The seven year itch is a point that a lot of couples go through. It is the point when you have been together so long that you are tired/bored with your partner, but you have not been together long enough to have accepted the rhythm that is being in a relationship. Some people miss being single and would like a different partner. Other people just miss the freedom of being single and having no strings attached but they do not want another partner. It is a "rough" patch in a relationship."

Hubby and I have been married for 7 years now and there is no itching going on around here. If anything, I love him more everyday. I've said it once and probably will say it a million more times, since it is my blog after all, but I am the luckiest girl to have him.

Back in the day, when it was just me (ie. before Tobie and Kinley came along) he was sweet and lovable, makes me laugh and feel loved. Then Miss Tobie came along. She was a surprise gift from my Boo. And surprise it was... to see how sweet he was with my little pup. A whole new side of him emerged with Tobie. I gave me a glimpse of his as a dad and that made me fall a little deeper. Then... Miss Kinley came along and you might as well throw in the life raft!

Yes, I'm third in line for goodbye kisses and I'm home greetings but seeing him get so excited to see his little girls just melts my heart. His face lights up when she sees him (her face lights up too!)! He loves to make her smile. He also still loves to make Tobie's tail wag, ears perk up or head tilt in listening fashion.

He still cracks me up with his sillies, bad handwriting and more. Loves me like there is no tomorrow. He is my boyfriend for life. Happy anniversary Boo! I love you more than when I said, 'I do.'

In case it wasn't clear... No seven year itch here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad for you four and I can see love in your little family all the time . It makes my heart glad to know and see the caring you'll have for each other. These things make my life and Nandy's life happy and proud of you four. Keep loving all the time even when a shadow hangs over your heads, KEEP LOVING ALWAYS> Happy late seventh wedding date Love Nan and Pa l.

    ReplyDelete