Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 65

14 days until Christmas break!!! What?! Too early to start counting down until the next break? I don’t think so! You try being in a room full of 5 year olds when they have been at home, out of our school routine for 5 days.


The classroom was full of songbirds today! Throughout the day I heard the following songs:
· Single Ladies by Beyonce (included some dancing reminiscent of the Single Ladies moves)
· He Belongs to Me by Taylor Swift
· Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean
· And various Christmas songs



For the next week and a half we are learning about Christmas Around the World then we will do Christmas. For that, I got a book, The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett, off of eBay for $5! The first time I heard this story was when I worked with my favorite substitute, Mrs. Chambers. We did a cute little reindeer that the kids got decorate ‘wildly.’


I am also very excited to read my favorite Christmas book, Mortimer’s Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson. It is a very sweet story about a mouse looking for a home. He finally finds one up on a table but he has to drag all these people and baby out of it. After a day out roaming he finds that those people are back in his house, so he drags them all out again. While in the process, he hears the dad telling the Christmas story to the kids. Mortimer feels bad so he drags all of the people back in making sure baby Jesus is snug in his bed. It is such a cute book!


I am off to finish up some school work. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment