Sunday, October 3, 2010

Special birthdays in the house!!!

2 very special people celebrated a birthday today.


My Nandy- 79 years young. She was there for me when my mom couldn’t be and I am thankful for that. I know my childhood has made me the person I am today and I now can see parts of my childhood as a blessing in disguise.

I have so many fond memories of my childhood because of you.


  • My love of Wal-Mart. How I love to just wander around there. We did it a lot and I still love to.

  • Precious Moments, truly are precious. I love them because they made you happy and my mom loved giving them to you. Whenever I see the boy and girl ones, I think of both of you.

  • Me attempting to do sewing projects but always running out the sun porch for you to come rescue it.

  • Always being the Jennie Marie to your Jennie or little Jennie to big Jennie.

  • You and I always irritating Pa with our nail polish fumes.

  • The day you ask me about sleeping in Biblical Sense.

  • Admiring your ability to read in a book in a day.

  • Road trips in the Silver Bullet.

  • The Ford station wagon that resembled a hearse. (I am really glad you got rid of that.)

  • My plastic canvas Barbie furniture.

There are so many more but to sum it up: I couldn’t have asked for a better person to step in for my mom. I feel that I was still given a glimpse of how she would have raised me because you raised her. I also couldn't have been named after a better person. :) Happy birthday!!! Thank you for being you! I love you to pieces!







My little girl Tobie Ann-
You were once just a little puppy Christmas present. Little did I know that you would be the best thing ever!

You turned 6 today! You love unconditionally, all the time. The waggle of your tail brings a smile to my face. Thinking about your cute little face the first time I saw it melts my heart. You knew the second I walked in that I was your mommy. Who knew that a dog could change a person’s life in the blink of an eye?




Much to Dad’s displeasure, you are on Team Mom. I think that is what bothers him most is that he knows it is true. We still love him though for trying. You were able to show the world your daddy's soft side. You have him (and your grandparents) wrapped around your little paw.







Happy birthday little girl! I love you grrrrrfrien!!

No comments:

Post a Comment