Monday, May 14, 2012

30 weeks

After taking this week's picture, someone commented,
"Tobie, Mom's belly is bigger than her butt now." Thanks!

Wednesday, May 9th, marks 30 weeks! says:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

In Snowflake related news, she is still quite the mover. It is the strangest, yet cool feeling. I feel blessed to be able to do this (be a female and be able grow a baby inside me) but every time she wiggles around I can't help but to think how crazy it is too. It is such an amazing thing.

This week wrapped up school with the kids. It was also Teacher Appreciation Week. Some of my little babies brought some cute little things for Miss Snowflake too!

The cute thing about these outfits is that I can totally picture each of these little girls wearing an outfit like these.
After the shower in Enid last weekend, my dear friend's mom helped us with a little curtain reconstruction. The curtains need four inches taken up. While I have a sewing machine, my straight line abilities are not up to par, not even close. Here is a picture of the finished product. (except that we need to put the black out curtain up behind...)

News on our furry child:
One thing you may or may not know about me is that I am a stickler for picking at my pooch (and sometimes other people's too). You will probably not see my dog with eye boogers or poop on her butt. My Pa gives me a hard time for always picking at her. I pick her eye boogers before I leave for school and again when I get home. I just like her to be booger free. I check her butt too. Who wants poop hanging around their butt all the time?! Anyways, Thursday after school, I was doing my regular eye booger and poop check when I noticed the left side of Tobie's hiney had a swollen bubble by it. It wasn't like it was a little swollen. I would compare it to the size of a bouncy ball. 

After Hubby got home we checked it out, google'd it, discussed it, and decided it was a swollen anal gland. He even tried to squeeze it but Tobie was none too happy about that. Looking at her, you could tell she was uncomfortable so we decided to take her to the animal ER. We ended up getting there around 8:30. We saw a vet tech and she took her to the back to get her vitals. Hubby and I sat in this little room listening to the staff chat in the back. It was quite some time before they came back to us with a treatment plan. They were going to treat her for an absessed anal gland. We could leave her there to do the procedure or take her home with some pain meds and an antibiotic and then take her to our vet in the morning.

As much as I didn't want to leave her there over night, we decided that would be best just in case our vet couldn't take care of it the next day (due to schedule or time to do the procedure). I would rather her get it done then risk her being stuck at the vet all weekend. Their plan was to sedate her and 'lance' the swollen gland to let it drain. We opted for them to call us when they were finished because we wanted to pick her up. I told Hubby I would rather pick her up in the middle of the night and be able to spend some time with her before going to school than just pick her up and drop her off at home so we could both return to work.

We left the vet around 10:30 and returned home. When we finally went to bed, I didn't really sleep well. I kept dreaming about the vet calling or forgetting to call. (I don't think Hubby slept well either but I don't know if it was because I was tossing and turning or if he was restless too.) At 5 am when the vet called, we got in the car to go get her! She was still a little sedated when we got there but seemed relieved that she didn't have a little bubble on her butt.

My poor little girl in her cone and with her leg wrapped where they took blood

Friday night, we were waiting on Dad to get home {you can tell she is sitting real gently}
Saturday morning we took her to our regular vet. She was due for her Addison's shot and they ER recommended having our regular vet check it. The sweet people there (at our regular vet) were so interested in how she was doing and what had happened. I guess when they see a dog once a month they take more notice to that pooch. :) And how could you not with her?! :) They said the incision looked good and to put some Neosporin on it to help it heal.

So, the rest of the weekend we just hung out with our little pup. Mother's Day was also very low key. I spent it with my two favorites: Hubby and Tobie. It is crazy to think that next Mother's Day there will be a little girl toddling around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment