Monday, May 21, 2012

31 weeks


Wednesday, May 16th marks 31 weeks! 63 days to go!


Big Sister is healing nicely too, thank you for asking. :)

Babycenter.com says:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.




Just a little example of how much Snowflake moves around...


And that isn't her at her best wiggling! {p.s. it's hard to video yourself and not move. i was even trying to make my breathing not move me much.}


School is officially out now! However, I will be spending time in my classroom trying to get everything put away and reorganized for my sub. I have an itch to rearrange my classroom but just don't know how. Many times when I do it, I end up putting it back the way it was before. I will have to see how long I can convince Hubby to scoot furniture around the room. :)


We saw the doctor on Thursday (5/18). He said things are doing good. Baby is growing and that it's getting close! Ahhhhh! Now we will start seeing him every 2 weeks.


So... I have come up with pregnancy complaint. It's not totally a complaint as much as it is a nuisance. Charley Horse. I have woken up in the middle of the night with them, had them in the middle of the day and any other time in between. Most recently, Wednesday to be exact, I took a little nap after my shower. Hubby came home for lunch to find me snoozing. As soon as I woke up, stupid Charley was there too. It was so bad that Hubby said, "I can see your muscle all tensed." and then he started trying to rub the Horse away. For the next 3, yes I said 3!, days it hurt to walk [today, Sunday, is the first day it hasn't hurt since I last saw Mr. Horse]. There you have it.


Saturday, we celebrated a special little lady's 1st birthday. Harper is my little Heather's baby girl. This is Miss Harper a few days after she was born. She graced everyone with her presence 10 weeks early. 


She was so tiny, so lovable and such a little fighter!
Even though she came 10 weeks early, she never had any big complications. Sure she had to stay in the NICU for the time she should have been in her mom's belly but that was really the worst of it. Now she is the happiest little 1 year old!


Happy 1st birthday!!!
 For her party she asked that everyone bring a gift for other babies that spend time in the NICU instead of herself (so thoughtful at such a young age). Of course she was also given a nice haul of gifts too but those little babies will be taken care of with her generosity.


While we were at the party, I was talking to Heather's mom. In response to little Snowflake having 9 weeks left, she said, "well, you beat Heather." It amazed me to think that our little '4 naval oranges' is roughly the same size Harper was when she was born. Harper is a very blessed little girl, never has an ugly outfit on, and has people that love her to pieces.


After her party, we went by Hubby's Uncle's house. They were having a small family gathering. While there we collected 2 bags full of clothes from his cousin. Snowflake will not go naked. I think we are going to have to re-think the closet and only hang up the littlest outfits and change them out as she grows, mainly for the fact that we don't really need to buy a million hangers. :)


Sunday after church, our sweet Sunday School people hosted a shower for us. It was so nice! We went to a couple's house, grilled burgers, hung out and then opened some cute gifts.


What an adorable cake! And yummy too!!



That pretty much sums up our week. We go tomorrow for our last birthing class, which includes a tour of the labor and delivery part of the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment