Monday, May 7, 2012

29 weeks



Wednesday, May 2, marked 29 weeks!


Babycenter.com says:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

The school year is coming to an end so there is a lot going on! 
Monday was our birthing class.
Tuesday, we walked our kindergarteners about 5 blocks to a farm to deliver (ie- get rid of!) our chicks. Then after school I had a TAPS meeting at school.
Wednesday is our American Idol watch party.
Thursday was the kindergarten field trip to the zoo.
Friday was too far away! We also left Friday night to head to Enid for a baby shower.
Saturday was the baby shower. Then we celebrated Pa and Hubby's birthday and headed home.
Sunday, Hubby had to usher at church and I was co-hosting a wedding shower in the afternoon. 


Whew!!! That was a lot!


Now for pictures of all this......... well some of it...

Sea lions at the zoo

Look at that little baby lemur sleeping on mama's back!

With the hostesses and my Nandy is hiding behind those flowers :)

Mmmm! Ice cream bar! There were so many yummy toppings to  go with the ice cream!

Cute little outfit with matching bloomers and headband
Our diaper bag from Nandy and Pa (I have such a horrible face whenever I am not prepared for the picture. It's like I am upset about it but I wasn't, promise!)
Look at that CUTE tutu!!!
Snowflake is already loved by so many people!

She already has some baby dolls to love on. the one is on the left is homemade! the one in the front is her very first Madame Alexander doll from her Grandma Snow. and what girl won't love Winnie the Pooh?


That little note says that she will be getting her very own stool with her  name and 'birth statistics' on it. the name pieces will also be a puzzle

Tobie insisted on trying on Snowflake's tutu
(yes, that is 2 boxes of Cheez-Its. Hubby registered for those and we have had 2 showers and he has gotten a box at each shower)

The happy couple at their wedding shower
Our little Snowflake is still quite the mover. On Monday at school, I had my hand on my side and she kicked it right off! She is not being as shy with her Daddy either. I don't know if that is because he can actually see her moving around without actually feeling it or if she is warming up to him.

He commented today that, "after next week, there will only be 2 more months!" I think Hubby is realizing there is no backing out now. ;) No matter how scared he may be, I know that he will be a great Daddy to our little girl. He is quite the helper, even when it comes to thank you notes. I have yet to sign his name to them and today he sealed, addressed, stamped, and return addressed all of them.

The coming week won't be quite as busy but it is the last week of school! Eeee! What will I do with myself?! Oh, I know. Try to get my room in some sort of organized fashion for my long-term sub to start off the school year in.

Stay tuned for week 2 of birthing class and another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment