Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ever wonder...

... how to separate an egg yolk from the white??? 

Well, me neither. BUT, Pa taught me a way that he saw on TV or at least I think that is what he said. Sometimes you just have to stop listening to him. :D 
(I found out that he read it in an email with a little Chinese girl. "you couldn't understand a damn thing she said but you could see what she did.")

After he told me, we just had to try it. All you need is an empty water bottle. For your viewing pleasure...


All you have to do is squeeze the empty bottle, then place it on the yolk and let go. It sucks the yolk right up!

Now you can't say my Pa never taught you anything (he would always tell me that when he taught me something random, like how to separate an egg yolk from the white).

3 comments:

  1. That's fascinating! What a quick and easy way to do that....now.... to find a recipe to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make a white cake. It only calls for the egg whites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Now for cooking egg whites!!! :)

    ReplyDelete