Wednesday, September 26, 2012

More Wildlife at Snow'd Inn

I have been doing an infant massage class on Tuesday mornings with my teacher pal, LeFlore. LeFlore is expecting Kinley's two future BFFs in November. That's right, 2! I am sure Caroline, Julia, and Kinley will hit it off nicely when they arrive. Anyways, our instructor is working on becoming a certified in infant massage so she has to have so many classes before that can happen. I am sure there is more to it but all I know is that I am learning infant massage for free with my friend. She comes to my house and teaches us how to massage the baby. I massage Kinley and they massage baby dolls. Kinley is not always a huge fan of it but I am guessing she just takes after her mom and isn't much of a morning person.

ANYWHO, after class LeFlore hangs for a bit while we chat and she practices being Mommy with Kinley. Whenever she holds her, her babies start moving and kicking. Are they saying 'HI!' or 'Quit squishing us! It's already tight enough living quarters!'?? One day when she left, we walked her out. Tobie bursts out the door to check her front yard land and we hang for a minute so she can do that. As I am coming back in, I decided to pull up a plant that had died. {do you remember what happened last time I pulled up something in the flowerbed???} Lo and behold this guy comes crawling out at me!

I am sure you can imagine what I did! Jump up, screaming and run off... to get the camera!


That is a spider.. with its egg sac attached to it!

I politely put it in some Glad-ware and left it on the porch for Preston to take care of. What did he do? He told me he shook it up real good and washed it down the sink. Say What?! You brought that thing into my house? We will probably have baby spiders crawling out of the drain. Eeeeeeeeeekkk!

A few weeks later, he was on the patio and saw a black widow. And then another. And several egg sacs. What did he do to those? Got the lighter out and burned them. Did you know the black widow will pop when burned? It does. We have (and have had it since shortly after Kinley was born) some spider bomb to bomb our house but you have to be gone for 2 hours. So someday we all, Tobie included, have to leave the house for at least 2 hours so it can rid of spiders.

6 comments:

  1. Well honey, we to had spiders in the house, the bathrooms ,out side the house,etc. The clean lady said Bill I found 3 spiders in Jennie's bathroom and 2 in your bathroom, she was shock up and said you need to spray inside your house. Well I hade the outside of the house sprayed the inside of the house sprayed and I told the house keeper I hope she's happy it cost me $125.00 to get rid of the damn spiders. she had nothing to say. Form an old man spray the damn house before your cleanjng raises hell. Love Pa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have since bombed the inside with a 6 foggers. I keep telling Preston to do the outside too.

      Delete
  2. Geoff stepped on a spider a few years ago without noticing the egg sac. Huge mess! 500 baby spiders going everywhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen one carrying the sac. I could have done without.

      Delete
  3. EEEEEK! Both spiders sound horrific and the fact that they were carrying egg sacs is quite disturbing. HIDEOUS! You're so brave. I'm glad you and LeFlore get to spend some spider-free time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was gross. I'm not sure if it just hadn't found a good place to hide it or what. Either way I would have jumped and screamed.

    ReplyDelete