Friday, March 23, 2012

23 weeks


Wednesday, March 21st marks 23 weeks.
According to my phone app and babycenter.com: 
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb. 

We last saw the doctor on Friday, March 16th. He said everything looks good and can feel the baby growing. Our appointment was at 10:00 and we were in the car leaving at 10:18. That meant that I pee'd in my cup, weighed, had blood pressure taken, was seen by the doctor, made a down payment, and scheduled next months visit in 18 minutes (give or take).

Since I am on spring break, I tried to convince Hubby to take Friday off so we could roam around looking at baby stuff. {he didn't take the whole day off but did tell them he would be gone for a while}So after our appointment, we went to Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us. Talk about overwhelming! There are so many choices for EVERYTHING. We have started looking at furniture and bedding but as I said, there are so many choices! Did you know that online at babiesrus, there are 199 choices for bedding? And at Target, there are just as many. Yes, some of them are the same but it is just so overwhelming to pull it up online and see so many choices. Oh and that 199, is just girl options. I didn't even venture into the gender neutral stuff.

I have been battling allergies for a good week now, probably 2 if I sat down to think about it. I was given the okay to take some Claritin so hopefully, I can kick this snotty nose and cough. I am on spring break, so I will be doing lots of relaxing and snuggling on the couch with Tobie. :)

Tobie with her "Sweet Big Sister" toy
 Tune back in for this week's picture. We need a retake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment