Saturday, March 31, 2012

24 weeks





Wednesday, March 28th marks 24 weeks! Holy cow, 6 months!

Babycenter.com says:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

This week (by this week I am talking about the time between last week(23) and this week(24), so really should this info be posted on 23 weeks?!?! Hmm. Well since this is my blog, I will continue to do it my way.), we took a dive into the registering pool. Yeah. After 10 minutes I was ready to quit. Hubby even commented, "You are acting like I was when we were getting married. You're the nervous one and I'm not." You see, a good friend warned me about this... she went to shopping and saw people registering with their moms and thought to her husband, 'Pshhh, I don't need my mom. I've got this.' Then into her trip, she had the, 'I just want my mom' episode. Easy for her to say, she just called her. Unfortunately, I do not have that luxury. That was my 10 minutes in episode. Fortunately, my boyfriend for life is a trooper and just kept me going.

Registering for our wedding was totally different! I know what it takes for me to survive... dishes, towels, pans, etc. Registering for a baby?! Not so much! And there are so many options for everything! I mean, can't we just have one mattress to choose from? Who really needs 10 different options? Although we trudged through Buy Buy Baby on Saturday night, we left with only 12 things on our registry. Not bad for the first trip?! Sunday, we went to register at Wal-Mart. I have always loved me some Wal-Mart but I was none too impressed when they informed us that, "we don't have a registry gun. You have to do all that online now." WHAT?! I want to see, feel and examine the items I am choosing for my Snowflake not read about it online. Hubby called the Sand Springs and Sapulpa Wal-Mart too. They don't have a gun anymore either. Let's just say I was miffed. I was ready to swear off Wal-Mart for this inconvenience. Hubby said, "We should have done this a long time ago. I hate going to Wal-Mart and now you're pissed at them." Within the next couple days, I submitted a complaint about the issue online.

**update on the Wal-Mart status- an assistant manager called me from the Glenpool Wal-Mart. He didn't really seem that concerned about my disgust with the situation but I guess it was a nice gesture for him to call. And, at this point we will still have to register online.

Tuesday, March 27th, we went and purchased Snowflake's crib. Hubby was excited to do something manly and put it together promptly when we got home.

For safety purposes, he is actually scanning the instructions.

Tobie and I supervised the build

"Mom, are we actually going to keep this thing?!"

The finished product!
 We also stopped at Lowe's on the way home to look at paint colors. Here Hubby is prepping the wall. He was afraid the yellow would disturb the other colors.


While we were at BBB (buy buy baby) registering, we scanned a night stand to see how much it was... $325!!! We quickly took that off, as it would be ridiculous to have a night stand that costs that much. We decided to go to Sunshine Furniture, which is where our table, china cabinet and bedroom set came from, to see if they had anything better. 

We found this little beauty in the clearance section! It cost 1/4 of the price too! We haven't decided if we are going to try to stain it to match or paint it to match her room. Good thing we have a little time to decide.

Funny story from school- On Tuesday, March 26th, I was taking my class from the computer lab up to specials. I stopped in the hall to make sure all the kids were with me when all of a sudden...
Kid- Mrs. Snow! Your belly! The baby is getting so big! {as she starts to rub my stomach}
Me- Um, I guess so. She is supposed to. {as I am trying to laugh at her shock I all of a sudden feel her finger poke into in my belly button and she left it there for a good little while. Awkward.} While she was rubbing my stomach another little girl came up and started 'gently beating' me. By this time, our PE teacher had stopped too and told her not to hit Snowflake or she won't want to come out.When we made it upstairs to the gym, the first child said, "Ms. Maxwell! Mrs. Snow is having our baby!!" You know, like she will be a class pet. It was funny and cute all at the same time.

Speaking of belly buttons, during the week, I have noticed that Snowflake is starting to invade my belly button space. Random thought, I know but I guess I should have expected it since my little app said the top of my uterus has risen above my belly button and is the size of a soccer ball.

She is still quite the mover and likes to play hard to get with her Dad. :) 

This week we also bought Snowflake's dresser/changing table. It is still in a box in the garage. The next thing we need to shop for is a new desk since our office will be relocating to our guest room (also known as the Lakehouse). This also means that a new closet is being built (well, shelves are being added) to the Lakehouse so we can clean out Snowflake's closet. 

What can I say, we're a moving and a shaking around here! If you get bored, come by. We just might put you to work!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good JS! Pretty sure I looked like that at 18 weeks, just sayin'. ;)

    Your crib looks great! Tobie is going to be such a big sister.

    And walmart? LAME! I agree with you 100 percent. I hope Target doesn't follow suit! Good luck on the registering and remember, if you have diapers/wipes and a way to feed the baby? That's really all you need. And a carseat to get her home. :)

    ReplyDelete