Monday, March 5, 2012

A little change of plans

While doing calendar time with my kids on Thursday (3/1), my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket just so it would quit ringing and thought I recognized the number. After my kids settled in to working I checked again and was right, I did know the number. It was the doctor’s office. My heart sank. I thought, “Why is the doctor calling me? I am not supposed to see him for 2 more weeks.”

It was a good hour before I could listen to the message and when I did; my heart sank a little more. At first. On the message was the doctor, not a nurse or receptionist. The doctor.
He was calling to tell me he had “looked at the ultrasound pictures. There is one baby in there, doing everything it should. Everything looks great. One small thing is the due date is just a hair later, the 18th instead of the 12th.”

Good grief! Talk about freaking a girl out! At my next appointment, I will be telling them to warn the first timers that the doctor will call after looking at the ultrasound pictures.


So, to clear up any confusion, the weekly Snowflake updates will seem a little off late but that is because our due date has changed. July 18th is the new date which means our 21 week update will be on Tuesday, March 6th.

1 comment:

  1. How terrifying!! I'm so glad that everything was okay :)

    ReplyDelete