Sunday, March 11, 2012

Job Well Done

On Thursday (3/8), my kids received their prize for filling the class marble jar.... Tobie went to school! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or the kids. :) They were all so surprised when I told the she was with me. Tobie was definitely glad when the bell rang to go home (even though that meant she had to have a bath at home). With little kids hands all over her all day long, I figured it would be best for a bath after visiting school. Now she is my little Fluff-apotamus.

To be honest, they probably should have filled the jar a long time ago but after the novelty of getting marbles wears off, I forget to reward them. They earned marbles with class compliments. Every compliment was worth 10 marbles and sometimes depending on the compliment they would get bonus marbles.

That Thursday was also the last day for one of my kids. I am now down to 18 students! It seems like such a small class since I started out with 24! Our school has such a revolving door that I could probably work my way back up by the end of the year.

On thatFriday, I passed a kid in the hall that is in the 2nd grade class next door. She commented to me, "Man, it's not fair that you guys had a dog in class yesterday!" I quickly put her in the right place, saying, "My kids worked hard to be able to have a dog come to school for the day. They made the right choices, treated each other nicely and didn't have people in trouble every day at recess like your class. Maybe you and your friends should try making better choices."

Spring Break start on Friday, March 16th! Then there are only 7 weeks of school left!!! Time sure is flying!! Before long, Little Miss Snowflake will be making her appearance. Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment